Food & Drink

Sixth Grader Goes With Grandma to Metro Detroit Outback Steakhouse, Accidentally Gets Served Alcoholic Drink

March 20, 2024, 10:26 AM by  Allan Lengel

virgin strawberry daiquiri

Mekyle Cureton, 12, went with grandma earlier this month to Outback Steakhouse in Livonia, and ended up going to the hospital briefly after the restaurant accidentally served him an alcoholic beverage, Fox 2 reports.

Cureton, a sixth grader, ordered a virgin strawberry daiquiri, but the drink came with an added kick -- alcohol.

"It didn't taste like how when I had it the other times," Cureton tells Fox 2. "It didn't taste normal."

"My head started hurting when I was leaving and my heart started beating as I was drinking it," he said. 

He was taken to a local hospital where he was given tylenol and advised to rest.

The restaurant apologized and didn't charge for the meal. 

Read more:  Fox 2

Leave a Comment:

Photo Of The Day